Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Roof-Deck BBQ




What a great night! An old friend of mine invited me to a BBQ on the roof deck of his apartment building in the financial district on Sunday night. It sounded like fun so I called up the rest of the old crew, gave them the address and headed over to his place. I got there at about 10:30 and chatted with him while the rest of his guests started arriving. He has an awesome view of the Brooklyn Bridge from his deck and the weather was great so we were off to a good start. My boys show up and the food was pretty much done cooking so we started claiming the best pieces for ourselves, burgers, salmon, filet mignon… the works. The food was awesome, but soon after the natives started getting restless and needed something to wash it down with. Out comes the wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, followed by Pinot Grigio) and in come some hot French female guests (oui oui), followed by his extremely attractive blond half-Salvadorian neighbor. Needless to say the party was taken to another level.

We kill the wine, reach for the Grey Goose and what’s left of the soda and next thing you know everyone is talking like they knew each other for years. Old stories are shared, old school raps recited, voices and glasses are raised in unison in multiple toasts, and many drinks were spilled (the latter being most prevalent). It is all a blur at this point and I have the sneaking suspicion many candid photos were taken. This is when my world starting looking like the pics I shared above. Oh well, I guess I’ll have to check myspace to see if anything really bad pops up. All in all, friends old and new embraced, exchanged numbers, and I headed out the door to try and beat out the sunrise. I figured I would at least attempt to get one hour or so of sleep before having to get up for work. I definitely paid for it that morning, but I wouldn't have had it any other way…Good Times Baby!

No comments: